Sign-up now
(512) 236-8601

Fighting Breast Cancer

Susan G. Komen Fights Breast Cancer

Susan G. Komen®. an Austin-based non-profit. is committed to saving lives locally and fighting breast cancer globally. One in 8 women and 1 in 1000 men will develop breast cancer in their lifetime. Komen’s mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities.  They invest in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.

The Susan G. Komen Foundation is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit outside of the Federal Government. Our bold goal is to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. by the year 2026.

Since 1999, Komen Austin has invested over $11.7 Million into breast health services and educational efforts in the five-county area they serve — Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson Counties. 75% of all funds raised are invested in local community healthcare grants and stay in these communities to save lives locally. The remaining 25% funds global research studies to find cures for breast cancer.

Since 1999, Komen Austin has invested $5.4 Million towards global research efforts. They are the only local breast cancer organization that is fighting breast cancer on ALL fronts. Moreover, Komen Austin provides assistance to those with the fewest resources; the uninsured, underinsured and low-income women and men without the resources or capacity to access care. Their needs can be as simple as finding a low-cost screening or as complicated as support during years of surgery, drug treatments and therapies for aggressive and metastatic breast cancer.

Susan Komen Fight against Breast Cancer


If you wish to donate directly to the Susan G. Komen Austin please click here: Komen Austin Donation. We sincerely thank you for your support!

Westbank Dry Cleaning has for the past two and one-half decades participated in helping charities in the Austin area. Each Fall we have a program that we have aptly named “Fall for Charity”.  This charity initiative highlights our year-round (dry cleaning, laundry, and donation of clothing) participation with other charities in the Austin area. Finally, we sincerely thank you, our customers, for your help and for allowing us to serve and help our community in return.

Please view our website and find our Seasonal coupons for your savings.